You might find other posts or discussion related this topic, however I just want to write down my own notes. 🙂
I have Windows Server 2016 installed in my real machine, and setup Hyper-V for my test lab, but I do need some of the Windows Store apps in my Windows Server 2016, example Microsoft Whiteboard (Preview). Here are the steps what we need, it’s actually very simple.
- Log in to Windows Store for business: https://businessstore.microsoft.com , I don’t write details here how you have access rights for this.
- In top right corner search for “Microsoft Whiteboard (Preview)”
- Find Microsoft Whiteboard (Preview), choose License type Offline, then click Get the app
- Go to Products & services, open Microsoft Whiteboard (Preview)
- Choose Minimum version 1607, Architecture X64.
We choose minimum version 1607, because Windows Server 2016 is version 1607, it won’t work if choose other version.
- Download the whole package and the required frameworks
- You should have 4 Appx files in your download folder
- Run PowerShell with elevated privileges, use Add-AppxPackage command install required frameworks, then install Microsoft Whiteboard (Preview) app.
- So now you have Microsoft Whiteboard (Preview) installed in Windows Server 2016
Happy holiday! 😀